A Bachelor of General Studies degree is a multidisciplinary program that emphasizes liberal arts and sciences with three learning areas-arts and humanities, science and mathematics, and social and behavioral sciences.
Our general studies program provides convenience, flexibility, and customization, allowing students to take an active role in their education as well as in their professional pursuits. The program also maximizes opportunities for individuals to pursue graduate studies and advance their careers.
Earn an individualized academic degree
The General Studies program is designed for all different types of students including:
- adult students who may have previously been in college but did not finish their degree.
- transfer students, including those from two-year colleges, who want a broad-based degree program.
- presently enrolled students who are seeking an alternative degree completion path.
The program combines high academic standards with convenience and flexibility, allowing you to:
- design your class schedule in partnership with your academic advisor.
- earn a degree online.
- take online, day, evening, and/or hybrid courses.
- apply credit from other accredited universities (old credits accepted).
- earn credit for military service, CLEP/DSST examinations, and ACE-approved training courses.
- pursue minors and certificates to satisfy your academic and professional goals.
What can I do with a degree in general studies?
With a Bachelor of General Studies, students receive a broad range of skills and knowledge that further their current career and/or prepare them for professional programs or graduate school.
What kind of classes will I be taking?
There are three learning areas with a wide variety of subjects.