- The Indiana University Kokomo School of Nursing is approved by the Indiana State Board of Nursing and the baccalaureate degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, from which we recently earned a ten-year reaccreditation (2010-2020). Being accredited means that verifiable steps have been taken by the school to assure that you receive a quality education. Graduating from an accredited school of nursing means that your credits should transfer more easily if you should choose to pursue another degree and potential employers will have confidence that you received a quality education.
- The Indiana University Kokomo MSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
Of our 19 faculty, 35% are doctorally prepared and another 35% are working towards a doctorate. Of our 19 faculty, seven are certified nurse educators (CNEs), 1 is a nurse executive advanced-board certified, 2 are women’s health nurse practitioners, 2 are public health clinical nurse specialists, and 1 is a certified professional in healthcare quality.
- Faculty in the School of Nursing are available by email, phone, and through Oncourse. Office hours are posted so students can stop by and confer with faculty without an appointment. We highly recommend getting acquainted with your instructors early and staying in contact throughout the program.
- For the Pre-Licensure Track, please check out the Pre-Licensure FAQs and contact the advising center for information specific to your educational background and career goals.
- For the RN to BSN Tracks (both face-to-face and online), please check out the RN to BSN FAQs and contact the advising center for information specific to your educational background and career goals.
- For the MSN program (all degree tracks), please check out the MSN FAQs and contact Mary Bourke, Assistant Dean, Graduate Programs, at email@example.com for information specific to your educational background and career goals.