Following is information about application and admission requirements for both the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs.
NOTE: Nursing admission is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. The nursing program requirements may change at any time. It is the students' responsibility to stay in contact with his/her advisors on a regular basis.
Nursing Application Requirements
- Be admitted to IU Kokomo
- Must be advised by nursing advisor
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (see Pre-Nursing Courses Info)
- Have a minimum 2.7 pre-nursing GPA
- One of the three required sciences (A 215, P 215, and J 200/J 201) must be completed in order to apply
- MATH-M 117, M 125, M 118, M 119, M 215, or M 133/M 134 must be completed in order to apply
- Meet TEAS score requirements:
- Reading: 80%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 60%
- English: 70%
- Category 1: Pass all four areas with minimum requirements
- Category 2: Do not pass all four areas with minimum requirements but earn an Adjusted Individual Total Score of 67% overall
If you have met steps 1-7 then you are eligible to apply to the nursing program. Proceed to step 8 below.
- Apply to School of Nursing by the deadlines below:
- Fall deadline - May 10
- Spring deadline - September 10
Pre-Nursing Courses Info
- One of the three pre-nursing science courses must be completed in order to apply. At least two of the three required sciences must be completed before you begin the major. The third science must be done by the end of the first semester in the nursing program.
- Students may fail (with a C- or below) no more than three pre-nursing courses totaling 11 credits. Of the three failures only two are allowed in the sciences. Students who exceed any of these limits are ineligible to apply to the nursing program.
- CHEM-C 109 is required to be completed prior to the start of the Junior 1 semester. Failure to complete on time will stop progression in the nursing program.
- Sciences older than seven years must be retaken (includes: A 215, P 216, J 200, J 201 and C 109).
- Cumulative GPA: If an IU GPA is not available then the cumulative GPA from his/her most recent institution will be used in determining the cumulative GPA.