- Undergraduate Research Conference
- Nominating Guidelines
Instructions for Nominating and
Mentoring Students for
The IU Kokomo Student Research Symposium
April 24-25, 2013
To Nominate and Mentor Students:
1. Contact students directly and let them know that you think they have produced some quality work and that you urge them to present this work at the IU Kokomo Student Symposium.
2. This student work can include research papers, studies, art, posters, creative writing, etc. “Research” is not limited solely to traditional forms of academic endeavor.
3. Only after you receive confirmation that students would like to present, contact Joe Keener at email@example.com by Deadline goes here. The information you should send:
A. Student name and contact information (email address preferred)
B. Type of work (poster, paper, creative writing, etc.)
C. Title of the student’s work
D. Year and semester in which the student produced the work
4. Meet with students after initial nomination to discuss how the work might be altered to best move from a classroom production to something suitable for symposium presentation.
5. Check in with students via email periodically to assess their progress in preparation for the symposium.
6. Meet with students just prior to symposium to make sure the work is ready, students are clear on presentation etiquette, and students know their presentation days and times.