All F-1 and J-1 students at IU Kokomo are required to have health insurance for themselves and their families (dependents). IU Kokomo has a mandatory insurance program for its students through Aetna Student Health. The IU policy covers various health costs. Non-immigrant international students are automatically enrolled in this plan when they register, and the premium amount will show up on your bursar bill each semester.
If you have your own insurance from your home country or prefer to purchase other insurance on your own, you may waive the University insurance if your insurance meets the following minimum requirements:
$50,000 for each sickness or illness
Maternity Benefits: same as sickness; pregnancy, childbirth, and complications
$50,000 for each accident or injury
$10,000 for medical evacuation
$7,500 for repatriation
Deductible (or excess fee) not more than $500 per sickness or injury (per person)
(All amounts and requirements are in U.S. dollars)
Campus police would like to remind everyone of the following crime prevention tips:
- Be sure to lock your vehicle when exiting.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- If possible, have someone walk with you to your vehicle.
- Have your keys ready.
- Look for anyone near your car or near you as you approach your vehicle.
- Check your vehicle for any signs of forced entry. If any damage is observed go to a safe place and call police.
- Check the interior of your vehicle, especially the back seat, before you enter.
- If you are confronted by someone, run or walk away from the immediate area. Go to the nearest phone and call the police immediately.
The Campus Police Department also publishes campus crime statistics.
The Cole Fitness Center of Indiana University Kokomo
- Over 40 pieces of cardio including – treadmills; elliptical; upright, recumbent, and Spinning bikes; step mills, and rowing machines
- A full line of Precor Discovery selectorized strength equipment
- Over 5,000lbs of free weights including – dumbbells; power racks; flat, incline, and decline benches; smith machine; and power lifting platform
- 2 multi-purpose rooms for fitness classes
- 3 lane 1/12 mile track
- Cardio Theater
“The mission of the Center is to provide a safe and welcoming wellness facility featuring a variety of fitness programs to patrons of varying abilities and interests. The Center will engage students and employees in social, recreational and educational opportunities designed to promote a healthy lifestyle.”
*free membership for the residents of the Annex of Kokomo.
Please visit http://www.iuk.edu/cole-fitness-center/ for more information.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at Indiana University Kokomo strives to provide essential support to all students as well as the campus community through comprehensive mental health services. These services include free, confidential counseling for students, outreach programming aimed at prevention of mental health crises and the reduction of stigma, and consultation to faculty and staff regarding mental health topics. It is our mission that, as the mental health experts on campus, we are able to provide helping resources of the highest quality to enhance students’ progress toward fulfillment of their personal development and the completion of their education while promoting a healthy university environment for those who learn and work here.
The Office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is located within the Student Affairs suite in 234 Kelley Student Center. The counseling office is in 234G.
Office Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Limited evening appointments available by request.
Same day crisis appointments will be arranged for students experiencing:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Having difficulty completing daily tasks
- Facing an acute stressor that threatens the safety of self or others.
- 234G Kelley Student Center
- 2300 S Washington St.
- P.O. Box 9003
- Kokomo, IN 46904-9003
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please be aware when using electronic communications that, unless information is sent in encrypted format, there are limitations in the guarantee for confidentiality.
Please note that CAPS staff will be directly available ONLY during posted office hours. For non-emergency inquiries, you are welcome to leave a message that will be returned as soon as possible. For emergency issues during CAPS non-business hours (evenings and weekends) please contact Campus Police at 765-455-9363.Please visit http://www.iuk.edu/student-affairs/counseling-and-health/index.php for more information.