Skip to main content
Skip to main navigation
Skip to search

How to Apply

Priority Dates and Departmental Deadlines

To ensure timely processing, please take note of our priority dates. Missing these dates may delay your admission until the following semester. Applicants are periodically notified by email of their admission status. All required information should be received to guarantee the receipt of required immigration documents. The priority dates for each semester are:

Fall Semester (August-December) - June 1

Spring Semester (January-May) - October 1

Some graduate programs have specific application deadlines. Be sure to check your specific program for details on application deadlines.

Admission General Checklist

Are you a first year undergraduate?
  • You have completed or are scheduled to complete the entire (primary/secondary) university preparatory sequence in the country where you studied.
  • Or you are home schooled or have attended an alternative school. You should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of achievement and ability.
  • Visit here to apply as a first year undergraduate.
Are you a transfer student?
  • You have attended a university or postsecondary institution after graduating from high school (secondary school)
  • You have not received a bachelor's degree (first degree), or
  • You wish to pursue a second bachelor's degree in a different discipline
  • Visit here to apply as a transfer student.
Are you a graduate student?
  • You have completed four years of post-secondary, or undergraduate study-toward a bachelor's degree in the country where you studied or are scheduled to complete this schooling and you are seeking a master's degree.
  • Visit here to apply as a graduate student.

An applicant who submits a completed application packet with originals and a bank statement can receive an I-20 within three weeks of receipt of the materials by IU Kokomo admissions staff.

Government-sponsored students should submit a letter of support from their sponsoring agency instead of the bank statement.

Copies of materials can be used for an admissions decision, but originals must be received in order to get an I-20.

Transfer student applicants already in the United States are asked to submit a secondary school transcript evaluation if they have not completed two semesters at an accredited university or college in the United States.

Transfer student applicants from outside the United States are asked to submit course descriptions and syllabi from their undergraduate courses, undergraduate transcripts, and a secondary school transcript evaluation from WES.

Last updated: 09/09/2016