**We are no longer enrolling new students into the New Media Communication program. It has been replaced by the New Media, Art, & Technology program. The following information is here for students previously enrolled in New Media Communication.**
The New Media Communication program focuses on providing you with creative and technical skills in web design, graphic design, motion/digital video, illustration, and mobile application design. Using industry standard software, such as the Adobe Suites and Final Cut Pro, you’ll develop a solid foundation of knowledge and skills and then choose an area to specialize in.
Graduates have the skills for entry-level positions such as web designers, web developers, graphic designers, art directors, motion/video editors, interactive and mobile application designers, as well as a broad base of understanding that allows them the flexibility to perform many roles.
Featuring small classes and personalized instruction, we offer a unique, multidisciplinary approach that allows you to learn from faculty trained in a variety of areas. You can work with businesses on real-life projects and assist faculty on cutting edge research. You’ll learn in our state-of-the-art Macintosh lab, and as a student, you’ll be given free copies of industry standard Adobe software, such as Dreamweaver and Flash, to install on your own computers.
- The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree offers a more well-rounded liberal arts education in areas outside of the major, with less study in the major itself.
- The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree focuses more on studying new media while providing less of a broad based education in a variety of areas outside of the major.
The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees include three concentrations, allowing you to specialize in a particular area.
- Degree requirements for the B.A. degree
- Degree requirements for the B.S. degree
- 2013-2014 Assessment Report
- 2012-2013 Assessment Report
For More Information
- For information about the degree program, contact Erik Austin Deerly