Any IU Kokomo student enrolled in a baccalaureate program, except those enrolled in CJHS, may pursue the following minor. This minor reinforces and enhances career options for a wide variety of majors, including those interested in attending law school after graduation. Students must complete 15 credit hours (5 courses) in criminal justice with a grade of C- or higher in each course. Required courses will not be substituted for other courses. Substitution of elective courses requires the student to complete and submit for approval the Request for Possible Substitution of Courses in the Criminal Justice form which may be obtained from a Criminal Justice advisor.
Three Required Courses:
(These courses may not be substituted.)
- CJHS-J 101 American Criminal Justice System (3 cr.)*
- CJHS-J 201 Theoretical Foundations of Criminal Justice Policies (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 301 Substantive Criminal Law (3 cr.)
Two Elective Courses from this list only:
- CJHS-J 306 Criminal Courts (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 321 American Policing (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 331 Corrections (3 cr.)
*Note: CJHS-J 101 is a prerequisite to all other criminal justice courses.
The university reserves the right to cancel courses for insufficient enrollment.