- Indiana University Kokomo's Office of Career Services provides assistance in securing a teaching position and maintains a listing of current job openings.
- Teachers Support Network (TSN) offers a comprehensive solution to P-12 teachers looking for employment. In addition to searching for jobs from school districts nationwide, both new and experienced teachers will find a wealth of useful information, including job-hunting advice, teacher tools, and timely articles and comment. Teachers Support Network's entire system is always free to teachers and teacher candidates.
Criminal History Background Check
Fitness for Teaching
Policies & Procedures
- Student Policy Manual (DOC)
- Field Experience and Student Teaching Handbook (PDF)
- Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct
Teachers or prospective teachers with specific questions about how they may obtain or renew an Indiana teaching license may contact the Office of Educator Licensing and Development (OELD) or the licensing advisor at an Indiana college or university that offers teacher preparation programs. Indiana University Kokomo's licensing advisor is Dana Robertson at 765-455-9260.
Students completing IU Kokomo Education Programs meet all academic requirements for provisional licensure at the appropriate level in the state of Indiana. Persons with misdemeanor or felony convictions may not be eligible for licensure. CPR/AED and Suicide Prevention training are required for licensure.Pearson or Praxis II Exams are required for initial licenses. For a list of the current required Indiana exams, see the Indiana Department of Education website.
The information below is subject to change and further clarification by the Office of Educator Licensing and Development (OELD) - Indiana Department of Education.
- Rules 46-47 licenses will continue to renew every five years with the completion of six semester hours of approved college courses.
- Rules 46-47 license holders may opt for license renewal under the Professional Growth Plan, but once this option is exercised the license holder will remain on the Professional Growth Plan and cannot revert back to the old six semester hour renewal plan.
Current teachers interested in adding a subject area to their current licenses should refer to Current Indiana Teachers Add Content Website.
Licensing in Other States
Contact the Department of Education in the state where you want to obtain a license.