Take your career to the next level with the Minor in Early Childhood Education. By completing this minor, 6 additional credit hours, and successfuly passing the state-mandated tests, you may be eligible for dual licensure in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. An advisor in the School of Education can help you decide if this program is right for you.
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- EDUC-E 335 Introduction to Early Childhood Education (3 cr.)
- EDUC-E 336 Play as Development (3 cr.)
- EDUC-E 337 Classroom Learning Environments (3 cr.)
- EDUC-E 338 The Early Childhood Educator (3 cr.)
- EDUC-E 351 Foundations of Early Care and Education: II (3 cr.)
- EDUC-E 352 Teaching/Learning for Early Childhood II (6 cr., required for dual licensure)
The minor will articulate with Ivy Tech students who complete an A.S. in Early Childhood.