Many of the accommodations provided by the Career and Accessibility center are offered in accordance in partnership with the IUK Testing Center. However, there are guidelines and responsibilities that must be met and observed. If you are approved for testing accommodations you must discuss your accommodations with your instructor. An agreement with your instructor as to where you plan to take your test must be made. You may take your test in the Testing Center in accordance with accommodations or remain in your classroom with accommodations.
Once you select your testing site and agree with your instructor, please do the following:
- If you are taking your test in your classroom, remind your instructor prior to testing that you need to receive additional time.
- If you are reporting to the Testing Center be sure to review the office’s policies and rules; the rules are attached to this sheet.
- If you are using a scribe or reader, coordinate with the testing center to arrange a test date at least 48 hours in advance to the test.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Accessibility Center at least two weeks prior to testing to have a scribe/reader arranged. Please provide all syllabi with highlighted test times so there is no confusion at the beginning of each semester.
- Scribes and readers are not allowed to interpret, add to, or subtract from the material being tested. They read and / or write word-for-word what is presented to them.
The Testing Center Rules:
- Schedule your testing appointment at least 48 hours in advance if you are using the Testing Center. The Testing Center is open 8am to 5pm. Exams needed after 5 pm will be at the discretion of the testing center and must have a 48 hour notice.
- You must arrive for your testing with a photo ID at least 5 minutes prior to testing.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late you may be asked to reschedule. Once this happens you must make arrangements with your instructor to reschedule. Further testing will be at the discretion of the instructor.
- Testing rules will be posted in the testing center and on the website, and all testing will be in an environment with reduced distractions.
- Please remember to shut off your cell phones and place them in your locker—a 12 X 12 locker for personal belongings will be provided. Remember that others also need an area with no distractions.
- Calculators are only permitted upon instructor’s consent.
- Only items on the instructor’s test sheet will be allowed—this means no food or drinks.
- No children, parents, or friends are allowed in the testing area during the exam.
- You must complete your test before leaving the testing area. There will be no reentry.
- Private Rooms Only or Scribe/Reader Tests: Tests will begin no later than your assigned start time.
Testing Center information: