Please save this memo as it can serve as a permanent copy of the syllabi requirements as per AACSB, Higher Learning Commission (HLC), and our School guidelines.
Syllabi should contain (in an easily discernable format):
A. General Information
- School of Business Mission Statement – the Web URL is fine as that way you will have the most current mission statement.
- Instructor name
- Office number
- Work phone number (home number is optional)
- Email address at school (home email is optional)
- Office hours – please list specific hours of availability plus have a phrase akin to “or by appointment.”
- Faculty or course web page information – if applicable
- Academic Integrity and Student Conduct – link is fine
- Sexual Harassment – link is fine
- Accessibility Statement – link is fine
B. Course specific information
- Textbook and other required materials
- Any optional materials
- Goals and Objectives for that specific course – please see SOB office if you do not have a copy of the goals and objectives for a course. Also please give the SOB office any updates to the goals and objectives if they change.
- Schedule of events by topics not just by Chapters – listing of the schedule of semester events may include the Chapters in the book but MUST include the topics covered (so that AACSB can see coverage of all their perspectives).
- If applicable – a clear differentiation of requirements for MBA students and undergraduate students if both are in the same cross-listed course.
- A statement to the effect that if students are found in the course without the correct prerequisites, then he/she will be administratively withdrawn during the semester unless specific permission has been given