This certificate program allows students to complete a certificate in business fundamentals with no prior business education experience.
Admission and General Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in a non-business field
- Students must earn a minimum of C- in each course, and a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0.
- Required coursework in Economics:
- Either - ECON-E 300 Survey of Economics (3 cr.)
- OR - ECON-E 201 Introduction of Microeconomics and ECON-E 202 Introduction to Macroeconomics (6 cr.)
- BUS-A 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS-Z 302 Managing and Behavior in Organizations (3 cr.)
- BUS-F 301 Financial Management (3 cr.)
- BUS-M 301 Introduction to Marketing Management (3 cr.)
- BUS-K 302 Introduction to Management Science (3 cr.)
- This certificate satisfies Phase I M.B.A. program requirements. Upon admission into the M.B.A. program, students with the certificate will be able to start Phase II courses.
- Students can transfer no more than 6 credit hours from another institution. All 300-level courses taken as part of Phase I that are not taken at IU Kokomo must be taken at an AACSB accredited institution.