What is an Orientation Leader
An Orientation Leader (OL) is a student leader that assists in a variety of programs that involve helping new IU Kokomo students and their families become familiar with campus. OLs create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates excitement for learning at IU Kokomo.
What Would I Do?
- Be a leader for IU Kokomo
- Participate in New Student Orientations
- Have the opportunity to make connections with students, faculty, and staff
- Be a positive role model and mentor to new students
- Participate in First Week of Classes Help Tables
- Participate in New Student Convocation
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Minimum of 12 credit hours completed
- Must be present at all trainings, events, and assist during the first week of class each semester
- Must have a positive attitude, high energy level, excitement for working with a team, an open mind, and demonstrate great pride in IU Kokomo
How Do You Benefit?
- Receive competitive hourly pay
- Receive significant leadership experience and skills and build resume for future leadership opportunities
- Enhance communication skills while gaining personal development
- Develop professional relationships with faculty, administrators, staff, and students
Orientation Leader Mission Statement
The mission of Indiana University Kokomo’s Orientation Leader Team is to assist incoming students with their transition into the university. The Orientation Leader Team strives to accomplish this by providing an encouraging intellectual, cultural, and social environment for new students and their support network. The goal is for students to learn about the IU Kokomo community through dedication, inspiration, leadership, and engagement.