Fundraising includes all events and activities where funds are raised or collected by an IU Kokomo course, campus initiated event, athletic teams or registered campus organization, excluding membership fees or dues. This includes the solicitation of goods, services, or monetary donations both on-campus and off-campus.
- Only IU Kokomo courses, campus initiated events, athletic teams and organizations registered with the Student Activities Office are allowed to engage in fundraising activities.
- All fundraising activities must be approved by the Office for Advancement. A fundraising application must be submitted to the Office for University Advancement at least two weeks prior to the fundraising event in order to receive consideration.
- The Director of Media and Marketing must approve fundraising activities involving the sale of products with the name and/or logo of Indiana University or Indiana University Kokomo prior to printing or production of the items.
- Bake sales, 50/50 drawings, and raffles are prohibited.
- The auctioning of students or any other person is prohibited.
- Fundraising activities are also subject to facility reservation requirements.
- Should two organizations request approval for the same or similar fundraising events during a semester, the Office for University Advancement will decide if it is appropriate for the groups to conduct the events during the same semester.
- Upon receipt of the application the Office for University Advancement has one week to respond to the request.
For more information, please contact Jake Medlen at the Office for University Advancement at 765-455-9205 or email@example.com