Transferring to IU Kokomo
Each year we welcome many students who choose to transfer to IU Kokomo from other colleges and universities, or from other campuses of IU. At IU Kokomo, we are happy to work with you to see how your previous college credits will apply to the academic program you wish to pursue on our campus.
How to Transfer to IU Kokomo
If you are interested in transferring to IU Kokomo from an institution outside the IU system, you can apply using our online application or you can print out an application for admission. In addition to your application and fee, be sure to send us your official transcripts from all previous institutions. To help with requesting your official transcripts, you can send them the transcript request form. Please send applications and transcripts to the Office of Admissions either by mail or email: email@example.com. Contact the Office of Admissions if your questions have not been addressed here or attend our next Transfer Web Wednesday.
If you are a previous IU Kokomo student, update your information by filling out the personal information update form and schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Success and Advising at 765/455-9405. If you are interested in transferring to IU Kokomo from another IU campus, you can submit your transfer request using the online IU intercampus transfer form.
Requirements for Transferring
Any student who has attended an accredited college or university that meets the below standards.
- Credit Hours: 12 or more college level credits
- Cumulative Grade Point Average: Students must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. Students with a GPA less than 2.0 or that have been dismissed the semester at their previous college are required to submit a Petition for Admissions. Contact the Office of Admissions for specific information. Students must be in good academic standing at their previous institution.
Students dismissed the semester at their previous institution or who are not in good standing may be required to sit out one semester and then submit a Petition for Admission. Please contact us for specific information.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you may be eligible for conditional admission. Please contact us for more details.
Step-by-Step Guide for Transfer Students
- Step 1: Complete and submit the university application for undergraduate admission. Include the $35 application fee or your request for a fee waiver. Be sure your application is complete.
- Step 2: Have your official college transcript(s) sent directly from your previous institution(s) to the Office of Admissions. After receiving all your materials, we'll notify you within two weeks if you've been accepted.
- Step 3: Don't forget to apply for Financial Aid. All IU Kokomo Scholarships will be awarded after March 1st and the State of Indiana priority receive date for the FAFSA is March 10th. Learn more about Transfer Scholarships.
- Step 4: Set up your IU network account.
(So you can access our state-of-the-art technology!)
- Step 5: Meet with your academic advisor and schedule any necessary placement testing.
- Step 6: Attend the New Student Orientation.
- Step 7: Complete any incomplete courses at your current institution and send us your final transcript(s).