- International Student Services
- Graduate Students
- Application for Admission: All application packets should contain a copy of your passport if available.
- Original Transcript - official, sealed and unopened
- English Documentation
- Statement of Financial Support
- Statement of Purpose
English Language Requirements
- Minimum TOEFL score of 530 on the paper examination or 73 on the internet-based examination. Please click here for other ways to meet the English language requirement, in lieu of submitting a TOEFL score.
- Please click here for other ways to meet the English language requirement All first-time international undergraduate students and transfer students with fewer than 24 credit hours must take placement exams in English and Mathematics, unless otherwise exempt.
Financial DocumentationStatement of Financial Support
International student applicants must document their ability to meet all educational and living expenses for the entire period of intended study. We require an original certified bank statement in U.S. currency reflecting $30,000 in a savings account. Neither scholarship funds nor financial aid are available for international students.
Information about Source of Funding
Proof of funds usually includes bank statements. Please ensure that the financial documentation you submit is legible. Original documents may be requested at Indiana University's discretion. The specific amount and currency of the funds must be provided, though funds on bank statements, etc., do not need to be shown in US dollars.
Acceptable evidence of financial support
- Bank statements indicating required currency amount in liquid asset form (cash deposits, certificated of deposit, savings accounts)
- Investment statements indicating liquid assets
- Scholarship letters
- Lines of credit
- Governmental funding
Unacceptable financial documents
- Chartered account statements
- Payroll reports/expected income
- Tax statements
- Property assessments
- Statements regarding property, jewelry, cars and other non-liquid assets
- Credit cards
- Bank statements lacking currency amounts
- Insurance policies
- Other statements of non-liquid assets
All documentation should be less than 12 months old from the time you intend to enroll.
The person(s) responsible for paying all your educational, living and other expenses while you are a student at Indiana University must complete and sign this form. For example, if a relative is supporting your education, that relative must complete this form. If you have more than one person providing financial support, please ask each person to sign one form.
Please note that in the event that the available sponsored funds do not completely cover your incurred costs, you will be ultimately responsible for all expenses associated with your stay in the United States.
Information about Personal or Family Funding
If full or partial funding is coming from a personal source (for example, family or friend):
- Ask each person who will provide your financial support to (a) sign the *Declaration of Financial Support form* and (b) attach an official bank statement(s). The name on the declaration must match the account holder on the bank statement(s).
- Bank statements must be in English. English translation must be signed and sealed by the appropriate bank or government official.
- Each bank statement submitted must include the following details:
- Name of your financial supporter - the translated name must be on the original document (not handwritten in)
- Date - documents must be dated no more than one year (12 months) prior to the date classes begin for the desired term of enrollment
- Amount of available funds and the type of currency
English Language Proficiency Documentation
If English is not your native language, you must demonstrate proficiency in English before you can be admitted to IU Kokomo. While TOEFL is the preferred method of documentation, there are many ways to meet this requirement.
Click here for information about the necessary immigration documentation.
Graduate Program Information
Graduate students are admitted directly into their chosen academic division; therefore graduate admission decisions are made at the school level. IU Kokomo offers the following master's degrees:
Contact Gloria Preece: email@example.com or 765-455-9269
or Angie Siders: firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-455-9217