Guest & Non-Degree Students
A guest student is any student enrolled in another college or university who wishes to take credit courses at IU Kokomo with the intent of transferring those credits back to the home institution. If you are in good academic standing at your current institution, you may take classes at IU Kokomo for one semester or during a summer session.
A non-degree student is anybody who has earned a high school diploma or a GED certificate, who is at least 21 years of age, has not been academically dismissed or suspended from a college or university, and does not wish to enroll in a degree program.
Guest & non-degree students are not eligible for federal, state, or university financial aid.
Guest students must provide their home institution with an official Indiana University transcript upon completion of their course work. Please be advised, transfer credit is accepted per the home institution's transfer credit practice. Guest students are advised to coordinate through their academic advisor before enrolling in course work at IU Kokomo.
How to Apply
- You will need to submit a copy of your college or university transcript or most recent grade report indicating good academic standing. or if you have no college experience, submit your official high school transcript or GED scores.
- If you are between your senior year in high school and your freshman year in college, you must submit a letter of acceptance from your home institution.
- If you intend to enroll in English or mathematics courses must show evidence of required prerequisites or complete IU Kokomo's placement examinations.
- You must submit the Application for Admission as a Visiting/Guest or Non-degree student.
- Guest students must have average or above-average achievement at the home institution.
- A non-degree student must be at least 21 years old and have earned a high school diploma, GED, or some college credits.
- Non-degree students can remain as such for up to 18 credit hours of course work, after which they must apply for a degree program to continue studies.
- Students intending to enroll in English, mathematics, or reading must show evidence of required prerequisites or complete IU Kokomo's placement examinations.