REGIONAL LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
HOOSIER HEARTLAND ALLIANCE
Welcome to the Regional Leadership Institute site.
ABOUT US - OUR PRODUCTS
The PowerPoint slides containing the Meridian Institute's interview results are now available.
We're in the news. See the article in the Carroll County Comet.
MAY 7TH EVENT AT IUPUI
During the May 2009 meetings at IUPUI, the participants of the Regional Leadership Institute decided on six strategic directions on which to focus this work. The six strategic directions follow:
- Strengthen education and workforce development to enhance 21st century talent.
- Advance livable communities through effective infrastructure, transportation systems, and cultural activities.
- Create a regional mindset by developing regional leaders, regional stewardship, and a culture of collaboration.
- Embrace diversity to build human capital and cultivate community.
- Foster a prosperous economy through collaborative efforts and entrepreneurial innovation.
- Ensure a sustainable environment.
TASK FORCE MEETINGS
On July 8, 9, and 10, 2009, task force meetings were held at the Wabash and Erie Canal Interpretive Center in Delphi, Indiana. Two task forces met per day, the first meeting from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., followed by a joint lunch with the second task force meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. During each meeting, the task forces determined three strategic initiatives to pursue during the course of the next year. Scott Massey of the Sagamore Institute facilitated the meetings.
BALL STATE STUDY
In light of our discussions, there is a Ball State University study that provides information by county regarding the impact of arts and cultural institutions.
ED MORRISON PRESENTATION
The PowerPoint slides of Ed Morrison's presentation, "Regional Development and the Global Economy: Finding Our Way in a Flat World," are available (*Note: This file no longer exists).