- Media and Marketing
- Diversity Compliance
The following should be done to adhere to EEO and ADA guidelines.
All advertisements should include these statements:
- Indiana University Kokomo is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action institution.
- Persons with disabilities who need modifications or adjustments to participate in this application process should Contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (765) 455-9529. Verification of a disability under ADA may be required.
Books and Printed Materials
All brochures, books, pamphlets, or printed material should include the following statements:
- Persons needing this information in an alternative format should contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (765) 455-9529.
- Indiana University Kokomo is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All bulletin boards should have this statement on the board:
- Persons needing additional information or assistance with information on this board should contact the Office of Communications & Marketing at (765) 455-9411.
- Offices that do not have counter tops low enough that a person in a wheel chair can reach, should have a clip board accessible to give to the disabled person.
EEOC Compliance Posters
All departments should have EEOC compliance posters in their area.
Essential Job Functions
Supervisors should check to make sure that all jobs listed under their departments have the essential job functions listed. Essential job functions are basic job duties essential to the position. The job could not exist if the person did not perform these functions. (This may be checked in Human Resources).
All departments should have evacuation plans posted in their department. Plans for students with disabilities to evacuate the building should be posted as well. Special needs students should be notified of the plan. (The Affirmative Action Officer and University Division staff will be responsible for getting this information to special needs students).
Events on Campus
Units responsible for events should include the following on any fliers or publications distributed about the event:
- If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to make modifications or adjustments for most disabilities. Please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (765) 455-9529.
- Pictures should reflect the diversity of those we serve on campus.
- Diversity in terms of age, sex, race, disability, etc., that can be shown.
Office of Affirmative Action, February 2002