Student Scenario 3: Sample Student "Mary"
Academics and Family:
Mary is from Logansport, IN and is graduating with her Core 40 diploma. Her ACT composite is 25, adn she is ranked in the top 20% of her class. Mary's academic record qualifies her for the $1,000 STAR scholarhsip, and she is chosen as a recipient of the McHale Scholarship based on her academic record and for being from Cass County. She will be a full-time studnet taking 12 credit hours a semester at IU Kokomo. Mary is also a 21st Century Scholar whol lives with her parents who have an adusted gross income of $76,786 adn have $12,000 in investments.
Expected Family Contribution: $16,781
Financial Aid Package for the 2010-2011 school year:
- $1,000 Star Scholarship
- $1,000 McHale Scholarship
- $4,038 SSACI 21st Century Scholarship
- $3,500 Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan
- $ 9,538 Total Assistance
- -$5,946 2010-2011 Estimated IU Kokomo tuition, fees and books
- $ 3,592 Credit balance educational expenses (ie: transportation and living expenses)