Student Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling

Entrance Counseling for Federal Direct Stafford Loans and Federal Perkins Loans

New Federal Direct Stafford Loan receipts are required to complete entrance counseling. Loan funds cannot be disbursed until counseling is completed. After receiving your Financial Aid Notification and accepting a Federal Direct Stafford and/or Perkins loan, you will be notified at your IU e-mail account to complete entrance counseling.

If you are unable to complete the counseling on the Web or have any questions, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.

Exit Counseling for Federal Direct Stafford and Federal Perkins Loan Programs

Exit Counseling is required for both Federal Direct Stafford and/or Federal Perkins loan programs recipients at graduation, or if enrollment drops below half-time during a fall or spring semester. Students are expected to provide notification to the Federal Stafford Loan lender/service provider and/or IU Student Loan Administration for Federal Perkins Loans when they graduate or if enrollment drops below half-time.

To complete loan counseling, follow the links below:

Pre-2009 Family Federal Education Student Loans (FELP)

For Federal Stafford Loan exit counseling assistance, please contact your lender(s) or the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. For Federal Perkins exit counseling assistance, contact IU Student Loan Administration. Failure to complete Exit Counseling will result in a "hold" being placed on your records.

You may access information on your loans at National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Through this Web site, you can view all federal loans in your name, including Parent Plus loans with contact information for your lender, guaranty agency, service provider, and school.

If you had a Family Federal Education Loan Program (FFELP) loan and you now need to complete your exit counseling, please go to Federal Stafford Loan Exit Counseling.