Loans, Scholarships and Grants
Student Loan Information
All students, in good academic standing, enrolled in six or more credit hours in a degree seeking program, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and provide all requested documents to the financial aid office if requested, is guaranteed student loans until they meet the maximum aggregate amounts set by the Department of Education.
To apply for financial aid, please visit How to Apply.
- Monetary awards available from IU Kokomo or through external sources
- Determined by academic achievement and/or financial need
- Applied directly to your college costs
IU Kokomo scholarships are funded by private donors, businesses, and industries, as well as by friends and alumni of Indiana University. Recipients are selected based on a variety of criteria including academic performance and financial need.
FastWeb is the one of the largest and most complete scholarship search sites on the Internet. It provides a searchable database of more than a million private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants, and student loans.
Grants are need-based awards from the federal, state government, or IU Kokomo.
- The Federal Pell Grant is awarded based on receipt of the FAFSA and determination if the student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and enrollment level meets the award eligibility criteria. Enrollment is monitored and Federal Pell Grants awards are adjusted or cancelled based on enrollment monitoring at the semester census date (e.g. end of the first week/end of 100 percent refund period of the fall or spring semester).
- The Federal Supplemental Educational Grants (FSEOG) is awarded based receipt of the FAFSA and verification of Federal Pell Grant eligibility, exceptional financial need (EFC = '0'), and confirmation the recipient has not received a bachelor's degree. Priority consideration for FSEOG awards is given to students that meet the FAFSA Priority Application Deadline and funding for this program is limited. FSEOG grants are awarded in the amount of $300. Enrollment is monitored and a student that is no longer eligible for a Federal Pell Grant based on monitoring at the semester census date (e.g. end of the first week/end of 100 percent refund period of the fall or spring semester) is subject to grant cancellation.
- For State Student Assistance of Indiana (SSACI) Frank O'Bannon grants are based on receipt of the FAFSA and confirmation from SSACI of the student's eligibility for an award. SSACI requires students to meet the FAFSA Priority Receipt Deadline, March 10th annually, and any SSACI Edit Corrections must be received by the federal processor on or before May 10th annually. Visit eStudent to check for any SSACI Edit Corrections and to confirm or change your first-choice college to IU Kokomo. SSACI Frank O'Bannon grants generally require full-time enrollment and confirmation of full-time enrollment when monitored at the SSACI census date (end of the fourth week/end of the 25 percent refund period).
- IU Kokomo Grants are awarded based on confirmation of Federal Pell Grant eligibility and enrollment at least half-time. Priority consideration is given to students that meet the FAFSA Priority Application Deadline and funding for this program is limited. Student enrollment is monitored and IU Kokomo Grants awards are adjusted or cancelled based on enrollment monitoring at the semester census date (e.g. end of the 1st week/end of 100 percent refund period for the fall or spring semester).
Receipt of a federal, state, or IU Kokomo grant is not guaranteed from one aid year to the next aid year.