Applicants with bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited institution are eligible to apply for admission to the graduate programs of the Department of Public Administration and Health Management (PAHM).
Minimum preferred requirement for admission include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average (GPA) of “B’ (3.0) or higher and a combined score of 1000 or more (verbal and quantitative) on the GRE or a total score of 500 on the GMAT.
Students with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate Program in Public Management (GCPM) and on successful completion could apply to the MPM degree program. Students seeking admission to the (GCPM) do not need to take the GRE or GMAT test.
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended must be submitted with the completed application forms and a nonrefundable application fee.
Applications for the MPM program are processed on a year-round basis for admission in any academic semester.
Applicants should apply to a degree or certificate program and request financial assistance as early as possible before the desired semester of enrollment. All application forms must be completed and received by the SPEA office at Indiana University Kokomo.
Each application for admission is carefully evaluated by the admissions committee. Applicants to all SPEA degree programs must do the following:
- Submit application to the PAHM program office.
- Submit complete official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Students who have taken course work on any Indiana University campus do not need to submit an Indiana University transcript.
- Pay a non refundable application fee of $40 to IU Kokomo.
- Submit three Application Reference letters written by individuals familiar with the applicant's activities and potential to succeed in graduate work.
- Read carefully the applicable sections in this bulletin for any specific program or campus admission requirements.
- Submit proof of bachelor's degree certification from an accredited institution. Students who have not completed undergraduate course work at the time of application may be admitted based on the strength of previous work, but a final transcript attesting to the award of a bachelor's degree must be submitted before the student can enroll.
The M.P.M. degree require the GRE or GMAT. Information concerning the GRE is available from Graduate Record Examination, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541, (609)771-7670 or (866)473-4373, and on the Web at www.gre.org.
Students are placed on probation following a semester in which their cumulative or semester grade point average (GPA) falls below 3.0. Students on probation or admitted provisionally are required to attain an average of at least 3.0 (B) for all work completed by the end of the semester. Failure to do so is cause for dismissal.
Need Additional Information?
For additional information and questions regarding the application process, please contact Dr. Karl Besel, Graduate Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-455-9539.