Graduate Certificate in Public Management Application Requirements
Applicants with bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited institution are eligible to apply for admission to the graduate certificate program of the Department of Public Administration and Health Management (PAHM).
Minimum preferred requirement for admission include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average (GPA) of “B" (3.0) or higher.
Students with a GPA between 2.6 and 3.0 may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate Program in Public Management (GCPM) and on successful completion could apply to the MPA degree program. Students seeking admission to the (GCPM) do not need to take the GRE or GMAT test.
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended must be submitted with the completed application forms and a nonrefundable application fee.
Applicants should apply to the certificate program and request financial assistance as early as possible before the desired semester of enrollment (It usually takes at least three weeks to process Applications). All application forms must be completed and received by the PAHM office at Indiana University Kokomo.
Each application for admission is carefully evaluated by the admissions committee. Applicants to all PAHM degree programs must do the following:
- Submit application to the PAHM program office (application can be found below).
- Have completed a Bachelor degree from an accredited university with a GPA of 2.6 or higher.
- Submit complete official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. Students who have taken course work on any Indiana University campus do not need to submit an Indiana University transcript.
- Pay a non refundable application fee of $40 to IU Kokomo.
- Submit proof of bachelor's degree certification from an accredited institution. Students who have not completed undergraduate course work at the time of application may be admitted based on the strength of previous work, but a final transcript attesting to the award of a bachelor's degree must be submitted before the student can enroll.
Applications for the Graduate Certificate in Public Management program are processed on a year-round basis for admission in any academic semester
Students are placed on probation following a semester in which their cumulative or semester grade point average (GPA) falls below 3.0. Students on probation or admitted provisionally are required to attain an average of at least 3.0 (B) for all work completed by the end of the semester. Failure to do so is cause for dismissal.
Need Additional Information?
For additional information and questions regarding the application process, please contact us.
Certificate in Public Management
The Graduate Certificate in Public Management (GCPM) offers a curriculum that is flexible enough to meet the needs of pre-career and in-service individuals. Career employees of public agencies seeking courses in public management, especially those changing from professional or technical roles to managerial roles, will find this certificate program particularly beneficial. Graduates of the program who wish to continue their studies can transfer certificate credits directly into the Masters of Public Administration degree program within the Department of Public Administration and Health Management.