New Media Communication
The New Media Communication program focuses on providing you with creative and technical skills in web design, graphic design, motion/digital video, illustration, and mobile application design. Using industry standard software, such as the Adobe Suites and Final Cut Pro, you’ll develop a solid foundation of knowledge and skills and then choose an area to specialize in.
Graduates have the skills for entry level positions such as web designers, web developers, graphic designers, art directors, motion/video editors, interactive and mobile application designers, as well as a broad base of understanding that allows them the flexibility to perform many roles.
Featuring small classes and personalized instruction, we offer a unique, multidisciplinary approach that allows you to learn from faculty trained in a variety of areas. You can work with businesses on real-life projects and assist faculty on cutting edge research. You’ll learn in our state-of-the-art Macintosh lab, and our innovative Digital Media Center is perfect for working on your projects outside of class. As a student, you’ll be given free copies of industry standard Adobe software, such as Dreamweaver and Flash, to install on your own computers.
New Media Communication Degrees, Certificates, and Minors
We have a variety of offerings to best meet your needs.
- The Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree offers a more well-rounded liberal arts education in areas outside of the major, with less study in the major itself.
- The Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree focuses more on studying new media while providing less of a broad based education in a variety of areas outside of the major.
- The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate is for people who already possess a 4-year college degree and wish to develop expertise in New Media Communication without having to earn a whole new 4-year degree.
- The Minor is an excellent choice for students wishing to develop a strong understanding of new media technologies so they can apply them to their chosen field.
The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees include four concentrations, allowing you to specialize in a particular area.
- Degree requirements for the BA degree
- Degree requirements for the BS degree
- Plan of Study
- Projected New Media Communication Course Offerings
- New Media Communication Course Descriptions
- 2012-2013 Assessment Report