Indiana University Kokomo School of Education and IVY Tech Region V Transfer Agreements
Early Childhood Education
Additional information of interest, located on the left sidebar, includes:
- Student Organizations — Review activities of the Education students
- Faculty and Staff — We look forward to meeting you
Early Childhood Education
The School of Education offers a B.S. Degree in Early Childhood Education. Upon successful completion of this course of study, the student would be eligible to apply for an Indiana Teachers License. This license would cover Pre-K (birth to age 5) and K-3 (Kindergarten thru Grade 3) in schools.
The School of Education offers a B.S. Degree in Elementary Education. Upon successful completion of this course of study, the student would be eligible to apply for an Indiana Teachers License. This license would cover K-6 (Kindergarten thru grade five and grade six if housed in an elementary building).
Program Articulation Agreements
The Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education degree program at Indiana University Kokomo is designed for those students who desire to teach at the junior high/middle school and/or high school level (grades 5-12). Students may select licensure areas from among the following subject areas or fields of specialization: English/Language Arts, Fine Arts: Visual Arts, Mathematics, Science, or Social Studies. Graduates with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Secondary Education are then eligible for a license to teach any two of the core subject areas (English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, or Social Studies) for grades 5-9, or any one of the five subject areas or fields of specialization listed above for grades 5-12.
1. Prior to formal admission into the Teacher Education Program (TEP), each teacher candidate must meet successfully the required scores for PRAXIS I. It is recommended that students attempt these exams before completion of 45 credit hours. Thus, students are encouraged to register for and take these tests while students at IVY Tech. >>> More Information
2. Review frequently the program requirements on the appropriate page so that you have access to the most current course of study.
3. The advisor for each program encourages you to arrange an appointment to discuss specific program requirements, Teacher Education expectations, and timelines for formal admission to Indiana University Kokomo. The advisor's contact information is at the bottom of each program page.
4. Campus tours may be arranged by your advisor.