Fully Online Course Initiative at IU Kokomo
Faculty interested in developing a fully online course at IU Kokomo should contact their Dean and/or Chair and Assistant Vice-Chancellor of Academic Affairs, Dr. Michael Tulley, for more information on how to get started. CTLA provides online training, instructional design & technology consultations, and live technology training sessions to assist you with your online course development and teaching. Check out our Events Schedule for more information on dates and times. Watch for sessions on our Course Management System CANVAS.
Online Course Developers Certificate faculty development programs for online course development - Basic Certificate and Advanced Certificate
Accessibility Initiative - Guidelines and resources from the World Wide Web Consortium.
Accessibility Resources at WebAIM Web accessibility site. Introduction videos on keeping web accessibility in mind.
MERLOT II - Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching.
IU Online gateway to more than 100 online Indiana University degree and certificate programs.
Quality Matters a nationally recognized, faculty centered, peer review process.
CAST Transforming Education through Universal Design of Learning.
Online Learning Consortium (Flormerly Sloan-C) Quality Framework and the Five Pillers - Adobe PDF download.
Self Assessment Resources
California State University, Chico Rubric for Online Instruction
Resources for your students
24/7 Technology Live Chat Help for Students.
Accessibility Services Center for students who have a documented disability.
IU Kokomo IT Resouces
IU Kokomo Writing Center provides assessment of and academic support for student writing skills in all disciplines. The also provide lists of Quick Hint Documents and Podcasts to assist students.
Minimum Computer Requirements for Fully-Online courses at IU Kokomo.
Canvas Help for Students
- Canvas Student Quickstart Guide - Learn to use Canvas for your course work.
- Canvas Video Guides - Select video demonstations to learn how to use Canvas features.
Oncourse Help for Students
- Oncourse Podcast: Basic Overview for Students - Watch this podcast to see the ways you'll work in your courses.
- Oncourse Quick Start: For Students (PDF) - Learn to use Oncourse for your course work.
- Oncourse: Pasting from Microsoft Word this is helpful for students who are composing their forum discussion in Word and then pasting it into the Forum in Oncourse.
Technology Resources for Students.