- New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation
What is orientation?
Orientation is a welcoming experience and an avenue to assist students in understanding the academic community. The IU Kokomo orientation is designed to provide new students with an array of information on activities and services about our campus and promote and enhance student success. We hope each student will have a successful road to graduation at IU Kokomo. We are glad you have chosen us for your educational needs.
Useful orientation info
It is important that students continue to explore our web site and read information that will allow them to be successful on campus. We encourage you to read the information on the following links:
Your orientation date is based on your admit date. Below are the upcoming orientations.
- Friday, December 12, 2014
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015
What do I need to bring?
- Check-in between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Bring a picture ID
- Park in Student Parking area by Kresge Auditorium and the Kelley Student Center
- Plan to be on campus until at least 2 p.m.
- Wear comfortable and casual clothing
- Come prepared to learn about IU Kokomo
What will I be doing on orientation day?
- Meet other students
- Talk to student leaders about expectations and experiences at IU Kokomo
- Receive information on policies and procedures of the campus
- Learn about campus resources
- Meet IU Kokomo staff
- Get a Student ID
- Receive Free IU Kokomo gifts
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Success and Advising by calling 765-455-9405; email us at NSORSVP@iuk.edu or stop by room 280 of the Main Building.
How do I set up my IU e-mail address?
Please establish your ADS (Computer) and IU e-mail accounts prior to attending orientation. Click below and follow the instructions to establish these accounts. If you need assistance, call 765-455-9315.
Immunization Compliance - Please complete and submit this compliance form
- Login to OneStart® using your IU username and password
- Select Student Role in the top right corner: Then select Self-Service Tab
- Under the Personal Info channel, select: Immunization Compliance Form
- Read about the risks of meningitis
- Check the box indicating that you have read the information
- Submit the online form.
Confirmation Form (To attend Orientation)
Orientation is part of the admissions process, and students are required to attend orientation. Please complete the form regarding your attendance for orientation. Once completed, please make sure you click the submit button.